Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gail L Levee has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Urinary Incontinence
Showing 5 of 19
I have never had a good experience with this doctor in the 7 years I went to her. The staff is no better. They are very unaccommodating and make getting records very difficult. Dr. Levee has a very bad bedside manner and is socially awkward. I felt that she never cared for me in the least bit. For example- asked her for a personal recommendation to a substance abuse counselor after sobbing in her office. She responded by having her office secretary call and list off the therapists covered under my insurance plan. I already did that online prior to seeing her. Wanted her personal opinion and inside scoop about someone who she trusted. Never followed up with me to see if I was okay. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
I have been going to Dr. Levee for many years and overall have been okay with her care of me. Circumstances in my life, major accident (on disability for 6 months), loss of job because of accident has caused our family's finances to plummet. I have been sending small payments into the office to try to pay down my bill and because my account balance is old charges, Dr. Levee cut my medications off. She will not renew them at the pharmacy. These are medications that if I go off them abruptly can have major side effects. She is doing this because of a $90.00 balance. :/ I am so disappointed and can't believe after all these years and my past history of always getting payments to her that she didn't care about me or my welfare and the medical side effects of cutting off my meds. Needless to say I am looking for a new Doctor!
Thankfully I've only had to be seen a handful of times this year for a referral and a well woman check up, but I am not impressed. Dr. Levee seems professional enough and asks all the right questions, but there's just something about her that makes me feel like she's judging me. Maybe it's just her personality or I'm used to having a doctor be more warm/open. I also didn't like the fact that the receptionist came in during the pap smear and proceeded to assist Dr. Levee. It was uncomfortable. If she had told me or the asst had said something as she was walking in the door, it would have alleviated some of the awkwardness. It was just a basic pap, so not sure why a 2nd pair of hands was necessary. It also took several weeks to confirm a referral was made/approved. I ended up having to call her office almost every other day to check on it. It took well over 2 wks to confirm and make an appt, but only after much calls/stress on my part.
Dr Levee is a rare find. She is thorough, very professional, but above all a very caring doctor. Since coming to CA, I've had three doctors. One told me that he thought I had AIDS. The second took forever in curing some minor problems, and then Dr. Levee who has always hit the mail on the head. My only fear is that she'll retire soon. Great doctor!!!!!
Dr. Levee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Gail L Levee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGail Levine Levee Md, 510 N Prospect Ave Ste 304, Redondo Beach, CA
Dr. Gail L Levee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redondo Beach, CA.