The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gargi H Upadhyaya
Dr. Gargi H Upadhyaya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendora, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology. Dr. Upadhyaya is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Upadhyaya has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Gargi H Upadhyaya has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 23
The problem is not with this doctor it's her staff. Worst medical office staff I have ever dealt with. Takes days at a time to get a call back and even then it's the patient calling. Appointment system is horrible. Staff is rude. No compassion. Dr. Gargi is good but the staff at these medical offices are incompetent and rude. They need to be reported or fired. Takes 3 days to respond to a message? No. Unprofessional and unacceptable.
While Dr.Gargi did an outstanding job in analyzing and treating my prostate cancer, her office staff left a lot to be desired. Appointments are poorly scheduled so that there is always a long wait time. But worst of all, I have to rely on picking up my Vicodin prescriptions in betweem office visits and these are very poorly managed by her office staff. This has been the case for the last couple of years: I leave a message that I need a prescription refill, I am told that the staff will leave her a message, I call back to see if it is ready for pickup and find that is not ready. Typically I succeed after several days, frequently having to visit her West Covina office,an extra 30 minute drive!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Upadhyaya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Gargi H Upadhyaya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCity of Hope Glendora, 412 W Carroll Ave Ste 200, Glendora, CA
Dr. Gargi H Upadhyaya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendora, CA.