Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Garth H Ballantyne has the following 1 specialty
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Weight Loss
- Stomach Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Colonic Diseases
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Colon Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Rectal Diseases
- Colonic Polyps
- Liver Cancer
- Morbid Obesity
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Rectal Cancer
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Carcinoid Tumor
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Ballantyne performed surgery after assuring me that he had done many similar procedures. The surgery was not successful, and after many follow up visits, lasting almost a year, in which he kept assuring me that there was nothing to be concerned about, finally admitted that the surgery would have to be re done. He let me suffer in pain all that time instead of admitting the truth. He suggested doing a procedure, that he initially said was an inferior type of repair, to correct the first procedure. When I questioned why he let me suffer for all that time, and what went wrong, and why he was suggesting an inferior repair procedure, he became defensive, aloof and uncompassionate. It seemed he was more concerned about a possible malpractice than the welfare of his patient. He should be ashamed of the way he treated me.
He did an exploratory surgery, woke up in tremendous agony no pain killers post op ,he gave me a prescription had to drive in horrible pain for an hour to get to the drug store !Also referred me to a incompetent doctor who damaged me for life , Told me he was one of the best he could of did the same medical protocol . Also fabricates records with malice intent . Nice guy!
He has brought more adverse complications to L&M hospital. I strongly recommend you avoid receiving his care. He and Dr Sommer are dangerous to patients
Dr Ballantyne seemed like one of the nicest doctors when I first met him , there was a lot of hope and compassion . I was set up for same day surgery in his Manhattan office , Which I experienced a tremendous amount of pain , Dr. Ballantyne actually wrote me a prescription rather then administering a pain med post surgery . I was in agony leaving his lucrative very authoritative self influenced center without anyone to answer to , There after I requested my medical records I swear if my name wasn't on the heading I'd swear he was referring to someone else extremely negative malicious fabricated dis-informative documentation about myself I couldn't believe the unethical unorthodox nature he has was VERY surprised ! Since he has a timid demeanor with a smile constantly ,a true Dr jekyll and Mister Hyde !
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Garth H Ballantyne accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Garth H Ballantyne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Branford, CT.