The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary J Barsky
Dr. Gary J Barsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, IL, with another office in Elmhurst, IL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Barsky is affiliated with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary J Barsky has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Gary J Barsky has the following 13 expertise
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Laser Surgery
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Gary J Barsky has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary J Barsky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
In my early 30's I started to notice my front hairline getting thinner and thinner. I also noticed that when people talked to me for a few moments I would see their eyes move slowly up to my hairline where their gaze, seemingly, got stuck for the rest of our conversation. I was mortified ... completely self concious of my hair loss. I wore caps and hats for years. I had thought about hair transplant surgery, but the expense and the lack of knowledge, as to which physician to go to, kept me from making a move. One evening I was watching the local news and saw a physician, Dr.Gary Barsky, performing a hair transplant procedure. It was a special segment that aired every week night and Dr. Barsky was the expert surgeon. I decided to go and see him at his office. His office was very busy, but I finally got to see him for my consultation. He was business-like, but nice. We discussed my procedure, the post-op care, and the price; Seven dollars per graft. I was to have 350 grafts transplanted. I went on to see three other hair transplant surgeons for a consultation but ultimately chose Dr. Barksy.
Dr Barsky is very knowledgeable in his area of expertise. He shows genuine caring and compassionate interest in his patients. He is also very thorough in his exams,diagnosis and treatment plans. And he is great at calling patients back if there are any concerns. Not only am I a patient but I have taken my family as well to see him. I believe he is the best in his field.
Dr. Barsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Gary J Barsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary J Barsky in this video.
Dr. Gary J Barsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.