Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary A Birken has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Showing 5 of 20
Excellent doctor! My son had an infection in his lymph node (neck area) that had to be drained. Incision was tiny; barely noticeable. The entire hospital stay (before and after the surgery) we were kept informed of what was going on. Everything explained in layman's terms. The post op apt, we were worried about infection and some slight swelling to the site. Dr. Birken had no problem telling us to come back every week for about a month. Each time with noticeable improvement. Even at the "would be" last apt where I expected my son to be discharged from his care...he said, "Okay, let's have him come back in 4 wks just so you feel comfortable that all the swelling is gone". What doctor does that? I am very pleased with our experience and overall care provided. Oh yes, his office staff and ARNP's are also very friendly!!!
Dr Birken saved my grandson's life, literally. He was involved in an incident in another hospital when my daughter and I had my grandson transfered to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital,where we were lucky enough to meet Dr Birken. I have never met a more caring and compassionate man in my life, and I am also in the medical field. He was very knowledgeable, kept my daughter and I informed of everything going on and was always available if we had any questions. He had to do several operations on my grandson due to the extent of burns internally, but he never gave up. Now my grandson is 5 years old. He is a healthy and happy boy. He still obviously has some scars but he knows Dr Birken saved him and if not for Dr Birken there is no doubt in my mind Haeden would not have survived. We owe him everything.
Dr. Birken is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Gary A Birken accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoe Dimaggio Childrens Hospital, 1150 N 35th Ave Ste 555, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary A Birken in this video.
Dr. Gary A Birken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.