Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Korus
Dr. Gary Korus, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Korus is affiliated with Albert Einstein Medical Center, Jeanes Hospital and University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian. Dr. Korus has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Korus has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Gary Korus has the following 30 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Inguinal Hernia
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Reflux Surgery (Fundoplication)
- Stomach Cancer
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Dr. Gary Korus has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary Korus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Korus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Albert Einstein Medical Center
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Hospital of the University of PA
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Presbyterian Medical Center Of The University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Albert Einstein Medical Center At Elkins Park
University of Penn Med Center-Presb Med Group
Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital
Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - UPHS
24 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Strong Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions51 N 39th St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Korus in this video.
Dr. Gary Korus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.