Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary W Raab has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 32
There was hardly any wait time. . Everyone at the front desk is always friendly and made us feel welcomed even if it is just a call to set up an apt or for refills to be called in. Our 1st visit she took all the time we needed she went through our charts and was very thorough with everything. We both felt very comfortable with the time and patients she had with us. We never felt rushed even if there were other patients in the office and we had no problem making our apt at the same time to make it easier on both of us. I would give her and everyone in the office 10 stars if I could.
The office staff is extreamly rude and will take there time doing anything they don't feel like doing. If you need referrals...forget it, it won't happen. The nurse practitioner, Darlene doesn't know what she's talking about and has personally given me the wrong information three times to the point in which I've decided to look else where for medical care which I hope everyone reading this does the same. It's a shame that Dr. Raab has this sub par staff that is making him look bad as he seems like a very nice guy. My opinion is that his staff will make your experience with ocean city family practice a regrettable one, just keep looking.
33 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Gary W Raab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary W Raab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocean City, NJ.