Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary T Lai
Dr. Gary T Lai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chino, CA, with another office in Ontario, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lai is affiliated with San Joaquin Community Hospital, Montclair Hospital Medical Center and Garfield Medical Center. Dr. Lai has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary T Lai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary T Lai has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Gary T Lai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I have NEVER met a doctor or his staff that have been so unprofessional and uncaring as i have experience with Doctor Gary Lai. They open at 9am but they wont answer the phones until about 11:30 so good luck with that. You arrive at your appointment time and aren't seen for 40 minutes, that's not including waiting in the patient room for another 15 to 20 minutes. Then the doctor looks at you, tells you you'll be fine and sends you on your way, even if you have been seen by urgent care this doesn't raise his compassion for care. Cash or check only for your co pays this office really only wants your money, today is 9/4 and i have called 4 times at 1PM with no answer and i have called back 6 times at 3PM with still no answer. I have been waiting to receive confirmation for a specialist for almost a month and a half while my health is deteriorating. Thank you so much Gary, you truly have effected the way i see all doctors forever.
I've been going to Dr. Lai for the past 5 years and would definitely recommend him to anyone. Dr. Lai and his office staff are very friendly and always make me feel at ease and well cared for. I've shopped around for a while for a doctor when I first moved to So. Cal. Some didn't listen to what I have to say. Some didn't care. When I went to Dr. Lai, the experience was positively different. He patiently listened and explained different things and options to me. He's also very smart and definitely knows what he's doing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1996
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Gary T Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary T Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chino, CA.