Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gaylord S Rose
Dr. Gaylord S Rose, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annandale, VA, with other offices in Washington, DC and Rockville, MD (and 1 other location). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Rose is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Rose has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gaylord S Rose has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 48
This doctor is very knowledgeable, however he is arrogant and not very good at listening. I never felt he connected with my concerns or how I felt about my procedure. His number one statement is "you are in good hands". After my procedure at the hospital, he never visited me for a follow-up or had any of his staff explain to me the complications he found. It was well after 3 three weeks when I went in for my follow up that I found out all my complications. I was referred to this doctor by someone who really raved and actually had the procedure done. I personally was not impressed. I am just glad it is behind me.
I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Rose. He is a leader in the field of GYN oncology and robotic surgery; people from all over the US come specifically to see him. In addition to world class technical skill, he is very caring. He answered all of my questions & was a very reassuring presence for me & my family. During my hospital stay, the nurses said how lucky I was to have Dr Rose & spoke highly of him. I know I could handle any serious illness under his care.
Dr Rose was great. He just performed a laparotimy to remove a very large ovarian cyst. He made sure I knew exactly what was going to happen, what my options were, and the outcomes I could expect. I became upset with nerves on the operating table right before surgery and he held my hand and calmed me down. He is very easy to trust because you can tell he has very solid experience. I thought he was a great surgeon and an excellent caregiver.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Gaylord S Rose accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gaylord S Rose is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annandale, VA.