Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker has 2 locations
3231 S National Ave Ste 230
Springfield, MO 65807
Book Online Now
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker - Posted on April 9th, 2016
He saved my life from skin cancer. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be here now.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker - Posted on August 21st, 2013
I was in a short sleeve shirt in a coffee shop and Dr. schoonmaker noticed spots on my arm that I thought were just aging spots. He said he didn't want to alarm me, but I should have the spots checked by a physician. I did. It was cancer. I now have went to him for several years and he has caught things that the VA dermatologists overlooked. I have several friends who go to him and they also think he is great.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gene M Schoonmaker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Springfield, MO.