Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Geoffrey M Gabriel has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Depressive Disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Behavioral Medicine
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Mental Illness
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Treated me like a patient, not just a prescription seeker. Has helped me to find the right medication for me using this cool lab test that tells which meds are likely to work best for me. Also knows A LOT about neurotransmitters and took the time to teach Me about them, too. I have NEVER had a psychiatrist as kind, caring and thorough. I finally have my life back!
This is by far one the most excellent psychiatrists I have met and been treated by in the past - he approaches you as a person not a disorder, and he uses a functional psychiatry approach. Also has the only TMS unit in the upstate. He books fast - but new patients can often be seen the same week. Also does Suboxone treatment with a great therapist, Kim Bales. Joanne at the front desk goes the extra mile for each patient. Setting is very nicely decorated showing respect for the patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
National Capital Consortium
Dr. Geoffrey M Gabriel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPoinsett Psychiatric Innovations, 414 Pettigru St Ste C, Greenville, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Geoffrey M Gabriel in this video.
Dr. Geoffrey M Gabriel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.