Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 9
I had two total knee replacements about six weeks apart. Both knees were in bad shape so getting back to pain free walking was going to be a challenge. During my first visit, Dr. Glidden gave me all of the time I needed to answer questions and offer possible solutions to my knee problems. Some of these solutions did not include surgery. After considering my alternatives, I elected go have both knees fully replaced. I interviewed three different doctors and elected to go with Dr. Glidden. My overall experience was excellent. First, his staff was both knowledgeable and helpful. Hospital arrangements were made and follow up home health care visits were made with ease on my part. Second, the hospital selected was Baylor Medical in Plano. The staff at this hospital was fantastic. Every aspect of my treatment from the moment that I limped through the door to wheeling out to my car three days later was positive. My wife was not only encouraged to stay with me in my room but she was treated like a hotel guest! During and following my surgery a surgical nurse met with my wife to provide timely updates on the progress of my surgery. She was put at ease through the entire operation. Third, Dr. Glidden and his assistant did an excellent job in replacing my knees. Follow up visits in the hospital were frequent and helpful. Full knee replacement is painful. Dr. Gliddenâs medication plan did much to keep the pain under control thus allowing me to do needed bending and flexing exercises. During later office visits I was once again given all of the time to ask questions and discuss my recovery. It's been a little over a year and a half since my initial surgery. I can now walk without pain and am close to walking down stairs without giving them a second thought. If you have knee or joint issues, I recommend that you visit Dr. Glidden. Iâm sure happy that I did!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGeoffrey Glynn Glidden Md, 5038 Tennyson Pkwy, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Plano, TX, in this video.
Dr. Geoffrey G Glidden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.