Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George S Chin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 14
I was extremely sick and called everyday to speak to him because I was getting worse and worse everyday. His staff was very nice, but all he kept telling me was to take more Miralax. He told me another patients results before I was able to say that he had the wrong person. Ended up in the ER and admitted to the hospital because his lack of care.
I was referred to this Doctor by my primary care physician with high recommendations. I was excited for the appointment and the office staff was wonderful. I suppose I should preface that I'm on a limited budget and my insurance copay is high, therefore I don't take going to a specialist lightly. On the day of the appointment, I checked in, paid my copay, and waited. I was a bit surprised that the lobby as empty. The doctor himself came and got me. Also weird. Third strange happenstance was we went into what looked like his office and not am exam room. We spent about an hour going over my history, surgeries, etc. Never once did the doctor examine me. He just read my medical record and asked me questions. After an hour of what felt like an interrogation, the doctor told me that because I was on pain medication due to a spinal injury that he couldn't and wouldn't do anything for me. I thought he was joking. I asked him, "So you won't help me or even examine me; knowing full well my personal and family history of intestinal problems, including Ulcerative Colitis?". He said that's right. I left in tears. Here comes the Karma. Several months later I was in line at a big box store and started chatting with the person in line behind me, neither of us looking at the other directly in the face but rather staring to the side, entranced by the crowd. We were just having casual conversation about the upcoming holidays and such. The person realized he had forgotten something but didn't want to get out of line because the wait would be horrendous...again. That's when our eyes met. Guess who? The good doctor. I could instantly tell he recognized me. I just smiled and told him no worries, I would save his spot. And I did. When we left the store I told my husband the whole story as the man we were talking to just then. Our holiday wish for him and any patients who may see him from then on, was that he take the time to listen to people and not judge them based on a file or their own opinion.
Dr. Chin did not impress me as having anything but basic GI knowledge whatsoever. His observations, ideas, concerns, and suggestions are outdated. I thought his bedside manner was interesting: be ready for the end of your appointment when he swivels his chair around, turns his back to you and expects you to stand up, walk across the room, open the office door, and let yourself out. No good-bye, no handshake, no "thanks for coming in and letting me charge your insurance company for doing nothing to help you". Short-man's-syndrome all the way.
Dr. Chin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1988
Dr. George S Chin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Family Medicine, 1550 S Potomac St Ste 235, Aurora, CO
Dr. George S Chin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.