Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George K Boyd MD
Dr. George K Boyd has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. George K Boyd has the following 4 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Dr. George K Boyd is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. George K Boyd - Posted on September 5th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. George K Boyd - Posted on July 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. George K Boyd - Posted on December 14th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. George K Boyd - Posted on March 7th, 2011
Best doctor in town!
Self-verified patient of Dr. George K Boyd - Posted on November 24th, 2010
16 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. George K Boyd Accepts the Following Insurance
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsMEASE COUNTRYSIDE HOSPITAL, 3231 McMullen Booth Rd, Safety Harbor, FL
Dr. George K Boyd is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.