Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Karabelas
Dr. George Karabelas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norridge, IL, with other offices in Addison, IL and Chicago, IL (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Karabelas is affiliated with Our Lady Of The Resurrection Med Ctr, Sherman Hospital and Alexian Brothers Medical Center. Dr. Karabelas has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George Karabelas has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George Karabelas has the following 1 expertise
Dr. George Karabelas has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Karabelas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Our Lady Of The Resurrection Med Ctr
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
Resurrection Medical Center
Alexian Brothers Behavorial Health Hospital
Our Lady of the Resurrection
32 Years Experience
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. George Karabelas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norridge, IL.