Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Kaysen
Dr. George Kaysen, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with another office in Sacramento, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology. Dr. Kaysen is affiliated with University of California Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. George Kaysen has the following 1 specialty
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Kidney Inflammation (Nephritis)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Protein-Energy Malnutrition
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Kaysen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of California Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1972
Dr. George Kaysen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. George Kaysen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.