Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George R Pizarro has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George R Pizarro has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. George R Pizarro has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George R Pizarro is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I have known the doctor for more than 15 years, he is a very caring individual who goes out of his way to help anyone in need. I have yet to come across an individual who poses value, respect, care, and efficiency like him. i trust him with my life, i consult with him every problem i encounter, not just as a cardiologist, but as the eminent physician who has helped me and taken care of all my health concerns and problems. He is a great physician, human being, and has had an impeccable history.
Jackson Health System
Dr. George R Pizarro accepts the following insurance providers.
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsPizarro Medical Center, 4795 W Flagler St, Coral Gables, FL
Dr. George R Pizarro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Gables, FL.