Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George P Silis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Spinal Disorders
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Spinal Injections
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Smoking Cessation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Weight Loss
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Failure
- Spinal Fusion
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I have been the doctors office since September 8th regarding the results of my chest x-ray, they were done on September 8th, results were faxed to doctors office the same day, I called on September 8 to let the doctor know that they x rays were done. He had asked me to call and to let him know they were done. I continued to call the office and no one ever called back. I went in person to get the results on September 19tand the doctor has yet to call me back as of today to review my results as today September 25th. I called again today at 11am to speak the doctor and i was put on hold and this time the person who answered named Carla stated that he is in clinicals and that i was calling at an inconvenient time. Very disappointed about follow thru and their response to my calls and tell me that i had called at an inconvenient time.......... Aysar Barbari
Dr. George Silis, is an exceptional family physician. I've been a patient for about 5 years and he has accurately diagnosed and treated several conditions. He is empathetic, takes time to listen and has superior "bedside" manner. Of the dozen or so M.D.'s I've had over the past 30 years, Dr. Silis is the best I've seen.
Dr. Silis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. George P Silis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFranconia Internists Pc, 5115 Franconia Rd Ste G, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George P Silis in this video.
Dr. George P Silis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.