Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George E Vargas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 29
DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE WORST INHUMANE DOCTOR EVER ! Dr. George Vargas was supposed to treat my wife today ( AFTER WAITING FOR TWO HOURS) with the most inhumane and lack of professionalism that I've seen in my life and from any medical professional my wife was refused to see Dr. Vargas because her insurance at the last minute was not accepted by Dr. Vargas office. My wife had Memorial Insurance and the office stuff knew about it, because she had visited Dr. Vargas three times before. However, when my wife returned to Dr. Vargas office for her follow-up appointment and to read the results ultrasound because she had a nodule in her thyroid. The stuff was very rude with her when they found out that her insurance was no longer accepted by Dr. Vargas. Obviously my wife didn't know about this until she came to the visit as no contact from the office was ever done by the staff. When my wife found about this she offered to take care of whatever balance they had as long as they give her an opportunity because she was not prepare for this as she was not aware about the issue with her insurance. Because of high balance she couldn't paid her balance right there on the spot Dr. Vargas refused to give her medication for her thyroid and refused to read the results of her ultrasound. Its a shame that a doctor of this caliber has surrender to the big insurance interest not caring for the wellbeing of his patients but only to the wellbeing of insurance companies. His complete lack of compassion and unprofessional treatment of my wife in front of the staff and people waiting in the office, lacks completely professionalism and compassion for a patient. My wife left the office crying because she waited two weeks to get the results of her ultrasound since her thyroid was completely removed, and this so-called doctor didn't have the compassion to read to her but to make her miserable and abandoned. Its a shame that this type of Doctor still exist working in our communities. My advise is do not see this doctor he will feel miserable and defenseless get a more human advise somewhere else this so called doctor is not human he doesn't care about the patient well-being he only cares about MONEY. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR HE LACKS COMPASSION PROFESSIONALISM AND HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU, HE CARES ABOUT THE BIG INSURANCE COMPANIES WHO ARE REALLY HIS TRUE PATIENTS.
Dr. Vargas is an excellent doctor and I was very pleased with all aspects of the service, except for the wait time. I typically spend one hour plus waiting (one time close to two hours) and it can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to get back to work. I would definitely recommend Dr Vargas, but would caution that you should expect a long wait.
Dr. Vargas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Dr. George E Vargas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes Thryoid And Endocrine Associates Llc, 17901 NW 5th St Ste 103, Pembroke Pines, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George E Vargas in this video.
Dr. George E Vargas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pembroke Pines, FL.