Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Georges M Argoud
Dr. Georges M Argoud, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chula Vista, CA, with another office in Solana Beach, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Argoud is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. He speaks English.
Dr. Georges M Argoud has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Georges M Argoud has the following 24 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Growth Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Addison Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cushing Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Nutrition Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 5 of 26
Initially I liked Dr. Argoud, coming from Dr. Varma whose staff was terrible. He rarely made eye contact, was generally looking at his laptop screen but he had an ultrasound machine in his the patient room which I liked, he seemed to find a preferable dose of thyroid medicine for me. Then one day I went into his office he was paying attention to his laptop monitor again, seeming to not be listening, then got upset and said "there seems to be a communication issue and you need to find a new Endocrinologist" He wasn't paying attention or listening to what I was saying just heard what he wanted to hear. I had broke my foot a few days prior so my cousin was with me, heard everything and was in complete shock because I had just told her on the way to his office that I like him. I'm happy with his decision but I was supposed to find out that day if I needed another RAI treatment for my thyroid cancer, he never told me because he got so upset right away. On my way home I called him to find out and also ask for a refund for my co-pay since I waited in the waiting room longer than I had seen him; he said he would but it's been nearly two months and I have not received it.
I would not recommend him to anybody ! I got there at 8:05am and left at 10:18 am... immagine over 2 h !!! Few times somebody called he left the room, altogether he spoke to me maybe 2 sentences... thats it ! Terrible experience when you go to the specialist and they ignore you like this ! I'm really unhappy because I had a lot of questions I did not have a chance to talk to him because he was nit even in the room with me .... he should not be a doctor !
I was referred...nodule that could have been cancer. Dr. Argoud intiated surgery and then left me to be on my own. I had to go to Primary to be referred again. Dr. Argoud bedside manner he is harsh. He will give you the benifit of the doubt on your concerns. Not interested in listen but diagnosing? How is this possibly? There is no Doctor/patient trust. Going to a better Doctor.
Dr. Argoud is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Georges M Argoud accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Georges M Argoud in this video.
Dr. Georges M Argoud is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.