Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald W Ondash has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gerald W Ondash has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Ondash is friendly and makes the patient glad to be there and doctored by him. He gives great advice, AND LISTENS TO THE PATIENT. To me, that is important in any Dr./Patient reltionship. In fact, he's about the only Dr. I have ever had that has listened. He spends all the time needed with a patient.
Dr. Ondash is Mom's doctor and we love him and his staff. Mom has always had a short wait, the staff is pleasant/efficient and Dr. Ondash is experienced and takes time to make sure all my and Mom's questions are answered. He saw her frequently in the beginning and it makes me feel better to know Mom is in his care.
I had several symptoms and took the time to make a list so that I wouldn't forget anything. I hoped that having the full picture would help diagnose what was wrong with me. When presented with my list I was told to pick one as he didn't have time to look at all of them. BTW I had a gluten allergy. This doctor didn't have a clue and was rude. That was my last appointment with him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
50 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Scripps Mercy Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGerald William Ondash MD, 2120 Thibodo Rd Ste 110, Vista, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald W Ondash in this video.
Dr. Gerald W Ondash is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vista, CA.