Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilbert Daniels
Dr. Gilbert Daniels, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Daniels is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital and Mass General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gilbert Daniels has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Medullary Carcinoma)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer (Follicular Adenocarcinoma)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I've been under Dr. Daniels' care for over 20 years. When I went in to see him for my first appointment he proceeded immediately with all of the tests to diagnose and treat my thryroid cancer. There was no wait time. He took me immediately and continued to follow up with any testing/appointments withouth any wait time. He is THE most compassionate Doctor I have ever seen. I would recommend anyone see this wonderful Doctor.
I feel VERY fortunate to be under Dr. Daniels care. He wasted no time in diagnosing my condition and speeding me to surgery. First visit resulted in a phone call that afternoon for second visit. His diagnosis phone call and the next follow-up visit were on the same day. I felt like I was a priority.I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for an appointment for over ten years, which I find astonishing given the hour plus waits I have endured with other doctors. Also, generally nice guy.
As with previous patient, apparently misdiagnosed my form of thyroid cancer. Drs at the Brigham, Beth Israel, and Univ of Penn all contradicted his analysis.
Dr. Daniels is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Mass General Hospital
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Gilbert Daniels accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilbert Daniels in this video.
Dr. Gilbert Daniels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.