Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilbert R Meadows
Dr. Gilbert R Meadows, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Meadows is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, St Lukes Baptist Hospital and North Central Baptist Hospital. Dr. Meadows has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gilbert R Meadows has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Meadows is the most Awesome Doctor I have ever had. He really cares about his patients. I had spinal surgery by him and also follow-up appointments. I wish more doctors cared as much as he does. His staff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help each individual . I would recommend him and his team to anyone needing surgery.
I was in two car accidents in 2006 which resulted in neck pain. I saw 3 doctors in Louisiana, where I lived, and no one had found the problem. Finally, my mom made a last ditch effort and made an appointment with Dr. Meadows for me. He was a life saver for my mom back in 1994. She lived with neck pains for 3 years after a car accident, and he was the first to find her problem. She was the second person he did a cervical fusion on.With high hopes, we made the 6 hour trip to SA to see him. After examining my films, and me, he pats my arm, tells me to take some tylenol, and get on with my life, because there was nothing wrong with me. My neck pain had lasted a year by this time, and I had to quit pursuing my bachelor's degree because of it. He said I was young and resilient, and would "get over it."I didn't get over it. He was the last doctor I saw for my neck until 2011. I lived with my "imaginary" pain every day since then.I've recently seen a Rheumatologist for Fibromyalgia, which Ive had since I was 3, who has me on medication to help me sleep, and my neck is starting to repair itself, with the help of physical therapy.I was shocked and horrified when the one person who was capable of helping my mom when I was 9 years old would act so nonchalantly towards my injury. He let my mom and I down.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2009, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Meadows is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Gilbert R Meadows accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Texas Spinal Clinic, 18626 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 300, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilbert R Meadows in this video.
Dr. Gilbert R Meadows is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.