Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gillian E Johnson has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
You are awesome. I appreciate everything you did for me yesterday in the OR with Dr. John Shank repairing my broken right foot. That was the best I have ever woken up after general anesthesia. No low bp, nausea or vomiting. Woke up within 10 minutes of being in recovery. You are the best in my opinion and hope to find you if ever I need surgery again!!! Thank you so much. I was blessed!!!
I was/am so impressed about her patient care. Not only was she sweet, Gillian was very knowledgable and really listened to my needs and what she could do for me and my health problems. Gillian knew exactly what needed to be done and did it with confidence I have never experienced before. I was going In for light sedation and a block which didn't work so she put me under general and when I woke up I had No Nausea, No low blood pressure, No vomiting and recovery said I woke up in 10 minutes after being sent to recovery. I will find her if I have surgery again to make sure Dr. Gillian Johnson is with me in the OR! To make it even better she gave me nothing for nausea which is probably why I always had a problem with general anesthesia. I was blessed and you will be too.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Gillian E Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGillian Johnson Md, 6001 E Woodmen Rd, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Gillian E Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.