Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gilly A Perez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
I went to Dr. Perez because she was very well recommended to me. My first visit was excellent. She took time to go thru my medical history and meticulously she did a physical examination. She referred me to an orthopeadic surgeon and told me that the surgeon will do my surgery in Baptist or South Miami Hospital. I was very pleased. I went to the orthopeadic surgeon. I liked him except that he was not able to go to Baptist or South Miami as most of his patients like but he has to go to Coral Gables Hospital due to the insurance contract or special group. I have been promised by my Humana Agent that Baptist will be the hospital of choice. Even Dr. Perez had expressed in my first and only visit that the surgery would be done at Baptist or South Miami. I have been in pain for a long time and wanted very much to have this issue solved. In addition, I called my agent to complaint for false information. That same evening, I received a call from one of Dr. Perez's staff and informed me that all of Dr. Perez's referrals for any surgery under Humana will be done at Baptist except for Orthopeadic! I was stunned and totally sadden. I told the nurse that I have been given false information from the start and that I felt that people have been deceptive. Nevertheless, the next morning, I called the surgeon's office and agreed to have my surgery at Coral Gables Hospital because I was desperate. To end my very unfortunate experience, Dr. Perez's nurse called me the following day to tell me I was not welcome at that office anymore because what I have said of Dr. Perez to her. I pleaded several times to speak to Dr. Perez, which she denied. I pleaded to forgive me that perhaps she misunderstood me. No! No! was her response. Dr. Perez's staff is not happy with you therefore we don't want you to come here anymore. I could not understand why she would say that since I had no conversation with anyone else in that office except her. I was left with no physician, in terrible pain, desperate! No compassion, No communication, No caring. It has been the worst experience of my life!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Perez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Hospital
Dr. Gilly A Perez accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter Arthritis & Rheumatology, 6150 Sunset Dr, South Miami, FL
Dr. Gilly A Perez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Miami, FL.