Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Glen R Elliott has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Mental Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Birth Control
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Stanford Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Glen R Elliott accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Health Council, 650 Clark Way, Palo Alto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Glen R Elliott in this video.
Dr. Glen R Elliott is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.