Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Glenn A Gorlitsky
Dr. Glenn A Gorlitsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA, with another office in Santa Monica, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Gorlitsky is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Saint John's Health Center. Dr. Gorlitsky has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Glenn A Gorlitsky has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
When you've been seeing the same doctor for 30+ years, you probably have enough experiences with that doctor to speak about their professionalism. For nearly four decades, Dr. Glenn Gorlitsky continues to demonstrate that he is the most caring, compassionate and concerned medical doctor I've ever known. His attention to detail and his desire to seek the best possible medical outcome for his patients is simply without parallel. In addition to saving my life with an accurate diagnosis and a subsequent follow-up treatment and care plan , Dr. Gorlitsky has earned my eternal gratitude, respect and thanks. Dr. Gorlitsky is a consummate medical doctor whose depth of medical knowledge and insight is only equaled by his caring and compassionate demeanor. Additionally, Dr. Gorlitsky's staff are kind, helpful, enthusiastic and extremely well versed in their respective specialties and will go the extra mile for their patients. To summarize my own personal experiences, Dr. Glenn Gorlitsky may be the finest medical professional in Southern California. He is without equal and he is the greatest resource any patient could ever hope to have.
I'm a huge fan of Dr. Gorlitsky! He is easy to talk to, very personable and possesses a wealth of knowledge.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gorlitsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Glenn A Gorlitsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Glenn A Gorlitsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.