More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gloria M Beim has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Wrist Injury
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Prior to surgery I felt that Dr. Beim thought I was making up my shoulder pain, but I stayed with her as a surgeon. When I woke from surgery, the thing that was diagnosed wasn't fixed, but other things had been "fixed" ie. removed. I have had chronic post-operative pain for years and my shoulder is worse-off than before surgery. It is unlikely that my shoulder and quality of life will be normal again. Dr. Beim insists that she fixed my shoulder, nothing is wrong, and that any post-op problems are my fault. A friend had a similar experience with this surgeon and felt as if was being blamed for bad medical care. I would not recommend this surgeon to anyone.
Dr. Beim is highly regarded especially in Colorado. She provides world class care which is rare in rural areas. Her qualifications are impeccable and she is a great advocate for her patients. She does not practice the typical "15 minute medicine" that is found in urban practices. The surgery center at her clinic is top notch with staff which she has hand picked.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Gloria M Beim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlpine Orthopaedics And Sports Medicine Pc, 112 W Spencer Ave Ste A, Gunnison, CO
Dr. Gloria M Beim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gunnison, CO.