Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gloria S Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 46
I have been treated by several internal medicine physicians over the past 25 years. Only one other Cedars Sinai physician compares to Dr. Kim. After working in the legal environment representing physicians,medical centers, and clinics. And working directly with many physicians, i have found a gem of a physician. Dr. Kim excels in every level of the medical scale - she is courteous, exceedingly knowledgeable, professional with s touch of humor, listens to all your aches and pains and accurately advises or treats each one. Patients can email her directly on the UCLA medical portal with queries; Dr. Kim will respond the same day. She is one of the most conscientious physians I have ever met. She is a 10 and I have not even rated attorneys I worked with that high. If you are searching for a physcian, who is truly one of the best in an arena of doctors and unparalleled in her professional demeanor and medical expertise, call Dr. Kim.
Dr. Kim is first rate - excellent beside manner, wickedly intelligent, easy to talk to / schedule appointments with, and extremely responsive (she will even communicate with me directly via email to handle urgent questions). She is very proactive about treating things and communicates what the plan is. Most importantly, she explain WHY something is happening or occurring or what the options are to treat it. She is gem among a lot of doctors who just try to get you in and out.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Gloria S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Dr. Gloria S Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.