Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gonzalo A Diaz has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gonzalo A Diaz has the following 9 expertise
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Respiratory Failure
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Gonzalo A Diaz has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 17
He literally didn't stay a minute with me. He told me I needed further testing when I asked about the first result he literally told me the exact same sentence again. One sentence explained my whole situations after studies!!!! I asked him to slow down and explain what he was saying and told me the same thing again. Got up got my hand as if to walk me to the door!!! I've experience different kinds of doctors and by far this is the worse experience I've had so far. Can't go anywhere else not many option in El Paso and the I durante covers this doctor. Honestly I'm to the point that I don't even want to get treated and not see him again. His staff is very friendly and nice though.
It is a great disappointment when you are not given an opportunity OR asked to tell your story. Even before I ever met this doctor, a study was ordered without meeting me, without discussing anything about how this sleep study works! Finally I meet the guy, and he wasted no time to read the results of the test; not once did he even ask to hear my my medical history or medical hardship. This experience left me with a totally uneasy feeling.... I got the impression anybody who walks in gets diagnosed with sleep apenia. Got a very bad vibe.
Dr. Diaz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Gonzalo A Diaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gonzalo A Diaz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.