Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon E Crofoot Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gordon E Crofoot Jr has the following 7 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Gordon E Crofoot Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Crofoot is excellent. His office staff is not up to his standards. I got a blood test 4-5 weeks ago. I have had to call the office 5 times! Still to this day no one has called me back to tell me the results! How can such an excellent doctor have a staff like this? I'm giving them one more day before I drive to the office and confront them in person. This is absolutely ridiculous.
I was a patient of Dr. Crofoot from 1985 through 2006. My experience with him was excellent. He cares for each of his patients as if each is the only patient. I followed Dr. Crofoot as his practice grew and he moved on and up. My experience was wonderful. I moved to another part of the USA and could no longer be a patient or he would still be my doctor.
Dr. Crofoot is the most outstanding medical professional I have had the good fortune to select for my medical care. He is easy to talk to and discuss medical issues with. He will spend as much time as is necessary to provide the level of service that I might require. I have complete confidence in his knowledge and experience in his specialty area. I have tremendous respect for his work in the Yucatan and his contributions there. His entire staff is the best in Houston.
Amazing doctor! When I found out I was HIV-positive I really considered suicide...well kind of, but I was depressed, thought my life was over as I knew it. His staff and his physicians assistant, Donnie, have been amazing through it all. I am healthy happy and more than anything.. hopeful. Thank you Dr. Crofoot!PS: If anyone things that someone from his office wrote this, please feel free to message me and I'll gladly call you myself!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Gordon E Crofoot Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGordon E Crofoot Jr Md, 3701 Kirby Dr Ste 1230, Houston, TX
Dr. Gordon E Crofoot Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.