Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon C Newsom
Dr. Gordon C Newsom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elgin, IL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Newsom is affiliated with Presence St Joseph Hospital and Sherman Hospital. Dr. Newsom has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gordon C Newsom has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gordon C Newsom has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
Im not sure what the patients who expressed that the office staff was incompetent experienced. They have always been pleasant and helpful when I have been there. One thing it took me a little bit to get used to is that Dr. Newsom has a very dry sense of humor. However, one you understand that, you'll see that he is professional and very thorough. I've never felt rush through an appointment and I've always felt that he has looked at every possible "angle" to my symptoms in order to make an informed diagnosis that leads to steps that will make me better. My husband first saw him when he had a really bad cough and laryngitis. He had these symptoms, no joke, for over two months. He went to other doctors and tried antibiotics etc. Finally, he switched doctors and saw Dr. Newsom. Dr. Newsom told my husband to try Sinurinse twice a day. I wasn't too hopeful as it is more of a homeopathic remedy and didn't think it would work. My husband's symptoms completely cleared in one week. Its one of those simple solutions we wished he would have known about sooner! It was so simple, yet effective! I don't think you'll be disappointed with Dr. Newsom. He's nice, caring guy.
Dr. Newsom is a nice man but a lousy doctor. He is only good for referrals and prescriptions. As a patient, he NEVER gets back to you. The staff is one of the worst I've ever encountered. A few of the girls in the office don't even do their jobs and are lousy at taking messages. The office sucks and Dr. Newsom is just ok. Run to another one.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Newsom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Gordon C Newsom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsElio Vento Md & Associates Sc, 2350 Royal Blvd Ste 100, Elgin, IL
Dr. Gordon C Newsom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elgin, IL.