Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon D Raphael has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Gordon D Raphael has the following 10 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
Dr. Gordon D Raphael has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gordon D Raphael is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Raphael is a rare find these days. As a patient, I find that he spends plenty of time with me, does not rush the visit, and he genuinely listens to my health concerns. He's also great about answering questions, even the silly ones. He's very detailed in his explanations, and I come out of my visit more educated about my allergies and their symptoms. He's a great doctor, and you can tell he truly cares about his patients!
I've been seeing Dr. Gordon since 2004 and since I've been involved with his asthma and allergy study my asthma has improved so dramatically that I do not get called for study visits anymore as often as I used to, which is Excellent! My emergency room visits for asthma attacks has also dramatically decreased! The office he and his wife Mindy runs is very friendly and timely.
37 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Gordon D Raphael accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Gordon Raphael, 4915 Auburn Ave Ste 202, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Gordon D Raphael is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.