Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Grace I Chen has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Grace I Chen has the following 10 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Dementia Testing
- EOL Care
Dr. Grace I Chen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
The worst physician at UCLA. My neurologist advised me to see a physician in geriatric medicine. Unfortunately, I didn't ask her for a referal. I, myself a medical doctor, chose Dr. Grace I Chen on-line. I was waiting in her office when she came in. She was extremely rude and did not spend more than a few minutes in the room with me. This is what she told me, I quote her now; "Why are you here? you have seen cardiologist and neurologist. What do you want me to tell you? I don't have anything to tell you. You are 80 years old and your ailments are because of your age." Then she left the office. She didn't ask me what my complaints/concerns are. She didn't examine me. She didn't give me any advice, neither verbal nor written. This is absolutely unacceptable from a doctor. She is racist and very unprofessional. Now she is charging Medicare $649 for a consultation of 2 to 3 min. Shame on you Dr. Grace Chen. I am ashamed to say that you are in my field, a medical doctor.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 2004
Olive View - Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrain Research Institute Ucla, 10945 Le Conte Ave Ste 2120, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Grace I Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.