Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Graeme M Potter has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Graeme M Potter has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Dr. Graeme M Potter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Graeme M Potter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I went to see Dr. Potter for my second pregnancy after being a patient at Smoky Mountain Ob for my first. I like her practice because it's smaller and feels less articial/overly conservative like others in the area. I never felt judged or stupid for asking questions. Other doctors I saw at Smoky were somewhat arrogant and didn't resolve my postpartum issues. Instead they disregarded my concerns and caused me to feel embarrassed in the process. After having my second baby I went several months with no period, was experiencing unusual aftereffects for my body and felt horrible overall. Initially I went to Smoky regarding my concerns, I unfortunately had to switch to their practice nearing the end of pregnancy to deliver in Sylva, but was offered no options. Dr. Potter gave me options, really listened to me and I am happy to say after taking the hormone she prescribed to me my body feels back to what is normal for me! Dr. Potter and her staff are all lovely people and they always make me feel comfortable. Some people might complain about wait times but I don't know what office doesn't have them. They are minimal and worth it! Great doctors are hard to find so if you're looking, keep my experiences in mind. Thank you Dr. Potter!!
Was not provided with information in advance about Cone Biopsy in office surgical procedure. Called ahead 3 times to see if I could return to work right after and was told yes by staff. Was not prepped with sufficient information or medication to cope with the trauma of the procedure. There was no good follow up or observation period after by nursing staff, they had to go to lunch. Always had problems being seen in less then 2 hours, and had last minute cancellations. Not a good Dr. for those of us who are not pregnant. In her favor, she called to apologize when I called and complained.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Graeme M Potter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Graeme M Potter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sylva, NC.