Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arroyo Grande, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Mcfadden is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Dr McFadden has impressive credentials, but that's it. He just throws drugs at you and forgets you. No plan whatsoever. I'm here to find someone else. An example of his concern: a year ago I stopped taking one of many meds he had me on - he's still unaware (that I stopped and probably that I ever took it). I believe he cares about some patients; I've seen him spend 45 minutes with one patient (she got right in, even though I'd waited over an hour past my app't time) while I continued to wait. She was pretty. I wasn't booked as his last patient-but I was his last. I got 5 min before he went home.
I think Dr. McFadden knows the meds and has given me excellent feedback on issues I spoke about. I think he's very intelligent. I stopped seeing him because of my own ambivalence about taking meds and unwillingness to follow the program as prescribed. I was afraid of testing his patience, though he was always patient with me. This was partly my own frustration with myself.
Dr. Mcfadden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden in this video.
Dr. Gregory S Mcfadden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arroyo Grande, CA.