Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory D Tilton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory D Tilton has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Dr. Gregory D Tilton has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory D Tilton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Got a next day appt. upon referral from PCP, wait was 45-60 min. after the appt. time. Was referred for tests. Told that I would get a call within 2 days to schedule. After a week & no call, I called and was scheduled at a specific time following week. Day before the appt. courtesy call stated that appt. was 15 min. later than orig. appt. Upon arrival 15 min. early for appt., was informed the tests were scheduled for different time, 45 min. later than second time. Finally seen 2 hrs. and 15 min. later than original appointment time! Was called following day with test results and informed I would be mailed a copy as soon as results were typed. Received another call a day later to schedule tests. Informed them that I had already had tests 2 days ago. This office is obviously not organized at all. Will have to wait for the results to be mailed to me and consult with my PCP to determine exactly what's what. Be forewarned you will have to follow up to ensure you get service.
It has never failed that when I go in to see Dr. Tilton I have waited a couple of times in the room for 45min. to an hour. Never had Dr. Tilton follow up with me after an apptmt. I know he hears me when I ask a question but it's like he doesn't hear me. I have been sitting on the phone trying to make an apptmt and I have been holding for over 10 min, Other than that I do respect and like Dr. Tilton.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
40 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1978
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Gregory D Tilton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Jefferson Cardiovascular Specialists, 4224 Houma Blvd Ste 500, Metairie, LA
Dr. Gregory D Tilton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.