Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gretchen O Serota
Dr. Gretchen O Serota, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH, with another office in Cincinnati, OH. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Serota is affiliated with Jewish Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Gretchen O Serota has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gretchen O Serota has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Gretchen O Serota has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Hello everyone: Dr. Serota is my care physican here at Terrace View Gardens, Normally when her rounds are made I am mid dreamy sleep. This past monday not so lucky I had caught a cold or the flu. Miserable cough very loud and long. She mentioned cough serup and the normal run of meds.I kept getting worse now any head movement caused painful coughing. I asked the meds nurse to call back for something stronger. In a couple hours pharm had some strange looking couch drops along with 1 Musinex. Not much hope tried them anyway. About an hour later woke up startled and not coughing in extreme pain . Cheked quick cough yep diaphram still causes tears and throat barely functional but with no cough no ouch . Thank you Dr, Serota
I WAS TOLD BY A NURSE AT MOUNTAINCREST NURSING HOME THAT MY MOM TESTED POSITIVE FOR A UTI AND WHEN SHE CONTACTED DR. SEROTA ABOUT GETTING MEDICINE FOR IT, SHE WAS TOLD THAT SHE, THE DR. WAS NOT TAKING ANY MORE ORDERS. (THIS WAS THANKSGIVING) MY MOM ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL FIVE DAYS LATER. SHE WASN'T TREATED FOR THE UTI AT THE NURSING HOME
Dr. Serota is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Gretchen O Serota accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gretchen O Serota in this video.
Dr. Gretchen O Serota is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.