More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Guiragos S Minassian has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Don't even try to talk to him about your kid's condition because he would answer, "I'm not interested in your blah, blah, blah" and don't ask questions because he will answer "Why are you asking me, I'm not your uncle to answer you". It can be even worse because he can say to your kid, "You are hiding something from me, so I can't help you" and leave your kid without any treatment while the kid has high fever, dry, hacking cough and sore throat. And finally if you tell him "Why are you being so rude every time"? He would say, "If you are not satisfied change your doctor".
I took both my children to Dr. Minassian, and regret it. My daughters allergies developed into asthma due to his negligence. For months I asked him for a referral to take my daughter to an allergy specialist, only to be denied by Dr. Minassian over and over again. He was convinced that his strategy to help my daughter would work, and that I was the one not following his procedures. This was false. I did EVERYTHING he said word for word, but my daughter was not getting better. I am a very patient and tolerant person, thus I stayed with Dr. Minassian toooooooo long. After he basically yelled at me in his office and said that I'm not doing what he's telling me, and that I am basically an idiot (I have a Master of Science Degree, not an idiot), he finally gave me the referral. I went to the specialist, who informed me that her allergies had now progressed into asthma, due to the mistreatment. I changed my daughters doctor, who informed me that the strategy that the doctor prior (Dr. Minassian) was using was incorrect. I subjected my daughter to a significant amount of unnecessary treatments of albuteral for no reason. Once I followed the new treatment plan of her new doctor, she has improved immensely! She no longer has coughing spells and attacks, nor does she have the same allergy symptoms as before. Please keep you children away from this doctor. He is arrogant and selfish, which are not the characteristics I look for when choosing a doctor for my children.
Let's start by saying that I had to wait to be seen by Dr. Minassian for 1 hour and 45 minutes which is unacceptable. I will not take my child back to him because he is not looking into the situation deeply and just tells you that's all I can do - Just take an Advil. Horrible experience. Don't take your child there!
38 Years Experience
Yerevan University Of Traditional Medicine
Graduated in 1980
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Guiragos S Minassian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Guiragos S Minassian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.