Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gulchin A Ergun has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gulchin A Ergun has the following 16 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Colon Cancer
Dr. Gulchin A Ergun is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
After reading all the reviews from different patients, I totally have to agree with them. She might be a good doctor, but after her initial consultation and my endoscopy of have been unable to get any response from her with regard to medications and even her staff. They are rude and never return calls. It has been 5 months now that I am trying to get an answer to my questions, notwithstanding my 3-4 emails to her office requesting answers. I have now done my last fax and if I don't receive an answer, I will be reporting her actions to the Texas Medical Board and Ken Paxton, The Attorney General. She is not g-d and there are plenty of GI doctors, so anyone looking for a GI doctor, find another one. Find a doctor who cares and whose staff is not rude and obnoxious.
This is truly the rudest Dr. I have ever seen in my life. I went in for GI problems and she wanted to give me a endoscopy, colonoscopy, and barium swallow test. My insurance at the time was not good and didn't cover much of these expensive test. The Dr. refused to schedule any of the test together to help me cut cost and in addition only does procedures at a facility outside my network. She also informed me without asking that I was overweight and needed to diet. I am a size 8 and have no idea why she decided to tell this information. I cancelled all of my procedures with her and have never returned. If you want someone to work with you and treat you with respect go to another Dr.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Gulchin A Ergun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gulchin A Ergun in this video.
Dr. Gulchin A Ergun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.