Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gurmeet S Bhatia
Dr. Gurmeet S Bhatia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, WI. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bhatia is affiliated with Clement J Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dr. Bhatia has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gurmeet S Bhatia has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
I was afflicted with this doctor for 10 months, during which time he tried to stop my long standing morphine treatment by prescribing less each month, while requiring me to report to the Cleveland Clinic every month. He would not listen to any arguments from me, ignored my protestations of increasing pain, and refused to follow the recommendations of the Neurologist he sent me to who recommended my morphine Rx be returned to the original level. By accident his doctor's patient notes were sent to me and I found them full of lies. In all of them he claimed I had no problems with his monthly reduction treatment, when every month I had protested vigorously. The Milwaukee jurisdiction refused to let me change doctors, and the only way I got away from him was to change jurisdictions and have my records transferred. I pity the patient who has real issues and is stuck with him.
I dont know what happened to the other people but our experience this this Dr on 2 occasions has been NEGATIVE stars. He is completely clueless to medication, he refuses to treat my spouses pain issues which are documented with MRI's and previous treatment. He said "I dont treat issues, I send you to a specialist, if your spouse is in pain go to the ER"!!! Are you kidding me?!?! I told him the clinic he sent my spouse to could not help and that I was tired of going to the ER. He is currently leaving for 10 days and I think he was being LAZY and not wanting to LISTEN. I' am disgusted by him and the clinic as they dont seem to care about COMBAT INJURED VETERANS!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bhatia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Gurmeet S Bhatia accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCleveland VA Clinic, 1205 North Ave, Cleveland, WI
Dr. Gurmeet S Bhatia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, WI.