Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gustav C Magrinat
Dr. Gustav C Magrinat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensboro, NC. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Magrinat is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Magrinat has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gustav C Magrinat has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Magrinat is a brilliant oncologist, very current practice, involves the patient in all discussions, expectations, treatment modalities, and prognosis as it is appropriate. Each patient and their family, friends, s/o all leave the o/v with an enhanced knowledge base of the situation, questions answered and notes!
Was going to treat patient with Stage IV Non-Hodgins Lymphoma with an oral pill when he returned from a vacation in Spain in two weeks. Patient went to Duke University Medical Hospital for 2nd opinion where he immediately had his spleen removed followed by adjuvant chemotherapy. He is alive today thanks to treament at Duke.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Magrinat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Gustav C Magrinat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCone Health Cancer Center, 501 N Elam Ave, Greensboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gustav C Magrinat in this video.
Dr. Gustav C Magrinat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.