Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gustavo Charria-Ortiz
Dr. Gustavo Charria-Ortiz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Weston, FL, with other offices in Miami, FL and Miami, FL (and 1 other location). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology. Dr. Charria-Ortiz is affiliated with Broward General Medical Center, Miami Children's Hospital and Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Charria-Ortiz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gustavo Charria-Ortiz has the following 1 specialty
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Charria-Ortiz has been my son's neurologist for 4 years now, and is one of the best doctors I have come across. He is constantly educating himself on his specialty and as a result is up-to-date on the latest medical info. He is patient, kind, great bedside manner, and does not hesitate to explain if you do not understand something. My son had to go on medication at age 2 and I was constantly calling for reassurance during the first 6 weeks while my son adjusted tot he meds. Dr. Charria did not hesitate to talk to me, listen to my fears, and explain how the meds would affect him. I feel confident I can ask him anything and he will give me an informed answer, or point me to the info. He is also receptive to discussing my research findings on the internet, and work out what will and what won't work for us. In short, we love, love, LOVE him! (Note: my son has several different doctors, and he is best of them all-and no, I didn't get paid for this review.)
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Charria-Ortiz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Broward General Medical Center
Miami Children's Hospital
Jackson Memorial Hospital
North Broward Medical Center (on staff)
Nyu Hospitals Center Tisch
28 Years Experience
Universidad Del Valle, Cali
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gustavo Charria-Ortiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weston, FL.