Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Guy L Rutledge III
Dr. Guy L Rutledge III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Rutledge is affiliated with South Baldwin Regional Medical Center and Providence Hospital. Dr. Rutledge has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Guy L Rutledge III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
My mother in law had s serious fall and came to see Dr Rutledge suffering serious pain in her hip and leg. He took xrays in his office and assured her it was just a bad bruise and ordered a walker. When she returned after a week in even more pain, he gave her a cortisone shot and told her to continue with ice and Tylenol. Currently we are waiting for her to be admitted to the hospital after a ct scan in the emergency room found at least one fracture possibly more. Thank you Dr Rutledge for allowing an 86 year old to suffer excruciatingly for nearly a month. Now she will need surgery which will probably be more serious after the elapsed time.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rutledge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Guy L Rutledge III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Orthopedic Group, 1720 Spring Hill Ave Ste 100, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Guy L Rutledge III in this video.
Dr. Guy L Rutledge III is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mobile, AL.