Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Haleh Milani has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
- Unstable Angina
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Women's Health
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cardiovascular Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
This doctor has been sending me bills claiming that I owe money and threatening to send me to collections. They claimed that the insurance said I was supposed to be charged. The office worker was extremely rude. She could not explain the charges except that it was for a routine visit and said it was my responsibility to figure out what THEY were charging for. I was with the doctor for less than 5 minutes. She saw my rash and said âoh just take this steroid,â yet they say my visit was over 25 minutes for a severe condition! They could not explain why there was an extra amount for a routine PCP visit with a blood test. I had to call my insurance, who told them the correct amount.
Dr. Milani may be great but her staff is extremely poor and dumb. I told them I won't give my credit card information because there systems do not have security and they won't let me see the doctor. Additionally, I also got them to call my insurance who said I am 100% covered so don't worry about the payment but they kept me waiting for 45 minutes before telling me that I have to give credit card information. The office was empty and I am sure Dr. Milani is a good Doctor, but she is being held back by her retarded office manager
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1991
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Haleh Milani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Park Endocrinology Pc, 115 Central Park W, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Haleh Milani in this video.
Dr. Haleh Milani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.