Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Han Tonthat has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Han Tonthat has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Cholesterol Management
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Han Tonthat - Posted on June 5th, 2015
Fantastic doctor! The best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Han Tonthat - Posted on April 6th, 2015
AWESOME DR. I hate doctors too
Self-verified patient of Dr. Han Tonthat - Posted on August 4th, 2012
Dr Tonthat was so kind and gentle with taking my blood etc. last time I had it done, another doctor had poked my arms about 5 times to draw blood!!!! He jokes a lot. Takes the ease out of being in a doctors office, especially for little kids. Also a big plus, his pricing is ~ $40 cheaper than other offices in the area. I don't have insurance. Happy I found a doctor who genuinely cares and does not rob me!!! To the previous reviewer- he is strict on checking medical history & stuff from your previous doctors before performing anything (ive witnessed) It's annoying now, but will be worth it later I'm sure.
Never received such a BAD service like this even in China
Self-verified patient of Dr. Han Tonthat - Posted on August 2nd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Han Tonthat - Posted on August 16th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Han Tonthat Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRIME HEALTH, 1041 Sterling Rd Ste 106, Herndon, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Han Tonthat, MD - Internal Medicine in Herndon, VA, in this video.
Dr. Han Tonthat is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Herndon, VA.