Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hania W Stawowy has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 5 of 26
I had been going to Dr. Stawowy for years and I was very pleased with the care and medical treatment I received from her. I moved out of the area 4 years ago but still visit, so that I made an appointment to see her for my routine check-up. Dr. Stawowy is professional, well-versed, and direct. As a previous commenter said, she is not there to baby you. If she says something about your weight, thank God she cares enough to do so. Her recommendations have been spot on.
Dr. Stawowy has received some negative reviews online. I decided to write this review because I felt they were unfair. My experience with her as my gyn doc has been great. Upfront, she's direct and doesn't coddle you. That's what my family is for, coddling and emotional support, not my doctor. I want a physician that's well spoken, direct, current and skilled. After seeing her for a couple of years, I developed a precancerous condition. Once diagnosed, I verified her treatment recommendations by reading studies/articles from Mayo Clinic, etc. She was spot on! Now, I'm cancer risk free thanks to her prompt skilled treatment. Great patient education, too! Patients should be assertive and proactive, not passive victims of healthcare. Dr. Stawowy is a skilled professional.
I have been a patient at her practice for years. I decided last year to switch to her despite the previous comment about her hurting her patients. I just wanted to see someone with good credentials and thought "I've been going getting exams for YEARS, how could it be painful?" Well, she hurt me very bad during the exam, but the pain was even more unbearable when I got home. I spotted blood from her rough exam and was doubled over in pain for about 2 days!!! I have never experienced this before, this was supposed to be a routing checkup. I don't understand how someone like this could still be practicing. My advise is to use a different physician and save yourself the pain.
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Stawowy. She's absolutely wonderful at what she does. She's very direct and to the point, is always thorough, and always listens to whatever questions or concerns I may have. The only problem I have is with the office itself. The staff are not always the nicest, are horrible when it comes to returning phone calls, and more often than not seem to do more standing and sitting around rather than actual work.
I have been a patient at that practice for more years than I can remember. Dr. Kimble delivered my last child. However, after my last regular annual exam I am done with that practice. Dr. Stawowy hurt me so bad during a normal pelvic exam that I was in pain for two days afterward. While I was on the exam table, she also did a surprise rectal exam without any warning. It hurt so much that I cried. She was cold, uncaring and I have never had such a painful experience. She also didn't fail to mention the little bit of weight I gained. She was more concerned by a few extra pounds than her bedside manner. It was a horrible experience and I am currently looking for another practice. I actually am now afraid to get a pelvic exam.Avoid her at all costs!!
Albany Memorial Hospital
Dr. Hania W Stawowy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAlbany Ob/Gyn Pc, 319 S Manning Blvd Ste 201, Albany, NY
Dr. Hania W Stawowy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.