Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Haranath K Policherla has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Haranath K Policherla has the following 13 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Haranath K Policherla has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Haranath K Policherla is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
He is knowledgeable on testing, BUT, BUT & BUT, he has you jumping from the Grosse Pt. office to the Warren office, Constantly. He never sends you out for tests, he does them himself at all his offices so he gets ALL the money. The worst though, is that he PUSHES that Sleep Study on Woodward Ave. on EVERYONE at every visit. He tells his "girls" to push it, even though you just told him you can't go to 8 & Woodward. His Grosse Pointe office smells of Curry, that tells me that they are cooking there. His Nurse Practitioners are about all he has going for him. I think at the Common Rd. office EVERYONE has a 4:00 appt. That's when he comes in. There are so many people waiting they spill out into the hallway seats also, you can count on being there until 7pm. Don't plan on dinner if you have an appt. with him. His main passion (he will tell you this) is Directing, Producing, and Starring in Indian Movies, that is why he became a Neurologist in America, to make enough money for his movies. On a google search, click on IMAGES, and you will see him in his movies, Skin Tight Blue Jeans, Terminator Sunglasses, and Elvis Hair. But, he is knowledgeable.
Dr. Policherla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Haranath K Policherla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Haranath K Policherla in this video.
Dr. Haranath K Policherla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grosse Pointe Woods, MI.