Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harland A Stresing
Dr. Harland A Stresing, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portsmouth, VA, with another office in Chesapeake, VA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Stresing is affiliated with Mary Black Memorial Hospital and Spartanburg Medical Center. Dr. Stresing has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Harland A Stresing has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Harland A Stresing has the following 7 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. Harland A Stresing has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Harland A Stresing is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
After suffering for over a year, I was finally told to go see Dr. Stresing. After looking at all my tests done at another hospital Dr Stresing sat down with me and talked to me about what was going on in my body and what needed to be done to get me feeling better. We made a game plan and started right away. I felt like I was his only patient, even after hearing the staff trying to move his calendar around so he could take care of an emergency. His skills are the best, his bedside manners are great.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Stresing is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Harland A Stresing accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harland A Stresing is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.