Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I'll never forget after I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis he was the dr sugested to go to I saw him for over a year One day I came in and he said I'm cured I no longer have multiple sclerosis? He made me cry and I left office When I got home the phone rang it was his nurse she said I forgot to make my next appt I could not believe I was treated like this for such a serious disease He had me on copaxion and I was passing out after shots Flushing He is the best but his bed side manner is just awful His wife I saw too He has his whole family thr I was really sadden by all this I no longer go to him No compassion for the sick Saddens me I hope one day I can put this all behind me His staff is very kind He just has social issues?! He is rated the best, for heart attack neuro period He is good at job just RUDE is all If you have a emergency he is the best if your looking for a dr to sit and discuss you issue he acts busy or has the " no big deal" attude Multiple sclerosis you need a dr you can communicate with He is not a people person
If I could give zero stars, I would. My mother was referred to Dr. Harmeet by her primary care physician. It took several months for her to get an appointment with him to review EEG test results after she had a mild stroke. When she finally had her scheduled appt with him, he was incredibly rude and disrespectful to her. She asked him to explain the numbers on her test results, and he told her that he was too busy and that she should go to school if she wanted to be able to understand the results. He still did not explain the results to her, nor did he address her risk of future stroke (which she separately asked him about), and told her to come back and see him in 4-5 months. I assure you that she will absolutely not be returning to Dr. Harmeet. A physician's primary responsibility should be to his/her patients. That includes providing quality care as well as communicating with the patients to ensure that they have a complete understanding of their medical/health situation. Dr. Harmeet is not fulfilling this responsibility. This is completely unacceptable behavior from a practicing physician.
I haven't had a chance to meet this doctor: his office staff is the most unprofessional I have ever seen. I wish there were negative grades for "staff" and "puctuality". In December, I have been referred to a neurologist.First, the staff was constantly changing the list of what they need from me to get an appointment: medical records, visitation notes, etc. They don't return calls, and trying to get a hold of somebody is not easy. After a WEEK of going back and forth between physician and Dr.Sachdev's office, they finally scheduled an appointment in just three months: in mid-February.Today, they called me to cancel that appointment and reschedule to end of March. Of course, no guarantee it won't be rescheduled any further. I just asked them to cancel it; this office does not respect its patients.
I have called several times with a major migraine and each time I was promised a return call. Only once did I get an answer but that was after I called again to follow up. Having a doctor is actually being able to see or get an answer back from a doctor. Your office staff is very poor at handling patients and their needs.
Dr.Harmeet Sachdev is an excellent diagnostician; he was referred by my rheumatologist. I have a very complicated case. I have actually had other "respected" physicians throw their hands up and walk away from me while I was still sick, but Dr.Sachdev never gave up on helping me. I'll admit, he can come across a little less than friendly at first, but I'll tell you that when I really needed him, I could not have asked for a more caring, concerned, and yes, gentle, neurologist. He really does care a great deal for his patients, and I could plainly see how very much he wanted to help me. After my hospitalization and seeing Dr.Harmeet every day for more than a week, I saw a different side of him than in the office, and I now appreciate and understand him a great deal more.
Dr. Sachdev is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSachdev And Sachdev Md, 2577 Samaritan Dr Ste 840, San Jose, CA
Dr. Harmeet S Sachdev is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.